What Are Carbohydrates?
They are nutrients that remain mainly found in plant foods. Its main function in the body is to produce energy and act as an energy reserve.
There are two types of carbohydrates:
- Simple, among which are sugar and foods that contain it (such as sweets, candies, and soft drinks).
- Complex (contained in cereals and their derivatives, potatoes, and legumes).
What Are Proteins?
They remain made up of chains of amino acids, which the body uses mainly to build and repair tissues. They are found in foods of animal origin and lesser in foods of plant origin.
What Are Fats Or Lipids?
They are nutrients that mainly provide energy to the body, facilitate some vitamins, and are part of some hormones and cell membranes. It remains found in both plant and animal foods.
Is remain classified into:
- Saturated fats are mainly present in foods of animal origin, such as meat and derivatives, milk, and whole derivatives. Also, in pastries, pastries, and precooked meals made with coconut and palm fats.
- Unsaturated fats: found in oily fish, seed oils, and nuts.
Is Water A Nutrient?
Water is the main component of our body. The human body is 75% water at biological and about 60% in adulthood. About 60% of this water remains found confidential the cells, and the rest is pardon circulates in the blood besides bathes the tissues.
In the water of our body, the reactions take place that allows us to be alive. It transports oxygen and nutrients to our tissues and removes the waste products of cellular metabolism from our bodies.
It is very important to consume a sufficient amount of water each day for the proper functioning of the assimilation processes and, above all, to eliminate waste from cellular metabolism.
What Is Fiber?
Dietary fiber is the comestible part of plants or analogous carbohydrates resistant to digestion and absorption in the small intestine, with complete or partial fermentation in the colon, promoting beneficial physiological effects.
But, It has several important functions: they absorb water (up to 5 times its weight), increases the volume of stool, accelerates intestinal transit, etc.
A Balanced And Healthy Diet
Firstly, A balanced and adequate diet satisfies nutritional needs, which implies a correct supply of energy and nutrients for the proper functioning of the human body.
It is important that the diet is varied to meet the nutritional requirements and that it is pleasant to the palate to avoid the monotony of the menus.
What Are The Nutritional Requirements?
They are the amounts of every one of the nutrients we need to achieve a correct nutritional state.
The World Health Organization Recommends:
- 50-55% carbohydrates
- 30-35% lipids or fats
- 12-15% protein
- Determined amounts of fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
What Is The Food Pyramid?
The food pyramid (Figure 1) allows us to practically visualize all the food groups and the frequency with which we must consume them to cover the nutritional requirements.
- It remains divided into foods for daily consumption and foods for occasional consumption.
- The pyramid’s base fundamentally represents foods rich in carbohydrates (cereals, pasta, rice, bread, flour, potatoes, etc.), and, therefore, they are for daily consumption.
- Vegetables and fruits remain located in the 2nd step, which must remain consumed in large quantities. The olive oil should remain consumed daily for its beneficial health properties.
- In the 3rd and 4th grades, dairy and protein foods, respectively.
- At the apex are foods for occasional consumption, including sausages and sweets (complementary foods).
On the other hand, the emphasis remains placed on:
- The practice of daily physical activity within individual possibilities.
- Drink plenty of water.Balanced Diet
Solution of [pii_email_d1312ea8504adaddc88e] Error Code
5 Ways To Fix The [pii_email_7002d6576790d4ead0d5] Error
[balanced diet example]
[balanced diet definition]
[balanced diet chart]
[types of balanced diet]
[balanced diet ppt]
[components of a balanced diet]
[balanced diet food list]
[healthy eating habits]