Say Goodbye to the Sag
Your breasts are more than just a part of the female anatomy. They’re a symbol of femininity, beauty, and confidence. And if you’ve ever had to deal with sagging or drooping breasts, you know how much this can affect your self-esteem.
But thanks to breast lift surgery, you don’t have to feel that way anymore!
In this article, we’re going to talk about breast lift surgery and how it can help you feel more confident in your skin.
Let’s get started!
What Is a Breast Lift?
A breast lift, also known as mastopexy, is a surgical procedure that can help improve the shape, size, and position of your breasts. It’s performed to correct sagging or drooping breasts caused by pregnancy and breastfeeding, weight gain and loss, aging, genetics, and other factors.
The procedure is typically done as an outpatient surgery using general anesthesia and may be combined with other cosmetic procedures such as breast augmentation or reduction.
Best Candidates for a Breast Lift
If you’re thinking about getting a breast lift, you should know that it’s not right for everyone. Your board-certified plastic surgeon will help you determine if this procedure is right for you.
Unfortunately, there’s no such thing as a one-size-fits-all solution. Each patient has different needs and may have different results with various treatments.
Here are some of the best candidates for a breast lift:
- Women who are unhappy with their breasts’ appearance
- Women who want to improve their self-esteem and confidence
- Women who have sagging breasts after pregnancy or weight loss
- Women with realistic expectations
- Women in good overall health
How to Find a Breast lift Surgeon
Choosing the right surgeon is a very important part of your breast lift surgery. Here are some steps to help you find the right person:
- Ask around! Talk to friends and family members who have had their breasts lifted. They’ll be able to tell you which surgeons they liked and why.
- Do your research online! Many websites can give you great information about surgeons in your area, including credentials and reviews from other patients who’ve had work done by them.
- Check out their Instagram account! You can see for yourself how the surgeon’s work is presented online, which will give you a better idea of how their work will look on YOU!
- Go for a consultation! This is an important step — don’t just choose any surgeon because they’re convenient or affordable! You want someone who understands what you want out of your surgery, so make sure that’s clear from your first meeting together (which should happen before any fees are discussed).
- Accreditation! Make sure they’re accredited by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS). This means they’ve gone through a rigorous training program and have proven themselves as experts in their field by passing an exam administered by ASPS.”
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is a Breast Lift?
A breast lift is a surgical procedure that lifts, reshapes, and restores the shape of your breasts. This can be done alone or in conjunction with other augmentation procedures. A breast lift can also reduce sagging and improve the position of your nipples, making them more symmetrical.
What Are the Benefits of Breast Lift Surgery?
If you’re considering getting a breast lift, there are many benefits to consider. Here are just some:
- Lift and contour your breasts
- Tighten the loose skin around your breasts
- Reduce the appearance of stretch marks and scars from a mastectomy
- Restore a more youthful breast shape
- Remove excess skin that may have developed after pregnancy
How Long Does It Take to Recover?
Recovery time varies by patient, but most women can return to work within two weeks. They may be able to resume exercise after four weeks, but strenuous activity should be avoided for six weeks or longer. Most patients are ready for social activities by six weeks after surgery.
What Are the Risks of a Breast Lift?
There are some risks associated with breast lifts, including loss of sensation in the nipple or breast skin, bleeding, and infection. However, if complications occur, they can usually be resolved with medication or surgery. A large percentage of patients experience no complications at all.
Will I Have Scars From My Procedure?
You will, but they’ll fade over time and can be covered up with clothing if you’re uncomfortable with them being visible. If you’re interested in having scars removed or reduced, talk to your doctor about scar treatment options.
What Causes Drooping Breasts?
As women age, their breasts can lose elasticity and firmness. Drooping can also be caused by pregnancy, breastfeeding, and weight loss. Drooping can affect a woman’s self-esteem and make her feel less attractive.
Is Breast Lift Safe?
Breast lifts are generally safe, but there are some risks associated with any surgical procedure. Your surgeon may discuss these risks with you before proceeding with any treatment plan.